For 4 guests
1 kg pork belly with rind from Duroc pork
500 g coarse sea salt
45 ml apple cider vinegar
50g PIG CLASSIC by COOKandGRILLRinse the pork belly and pat dry. the pork belly is seasoned on the bottom and on the side.
- The rind is perforated very tightly with a roulade needle. The point should only penetrate as far as the bacon under the rind and not into the meat. The density of the punctures is crucial for the crust.
- Then rub the rind generously with apple cider vinegar.
- Best in the fridge overnight
- Prepare the grill for indirect grilling at 160 degrees. Fold long strips of baking paper and aluminum foil, they must be at least 1 cm higher than the meat - stretch these strips around the meat - first fix the baking paper and a roulade needle to create a stretcher.
- Now cover the rind finger-deep with coarse sea salt and place the belly piece indirectly in the grill. Using a very sharp knife, cut into the skin down to the fat layer and grill indirectly for an hour - then remove remove the carrier bag and grill the stripped pork belly at 230 degrees until the rind pops nicely. Leave to rest for 10 minutes and slice.