For 8 guests
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
For the pumpkin batter:
200g Hokkaido pumpkin
100g vegan cream cheese (natural)
Sermo sugar from Cook and Grill
For the brownie batter:
200g dark chocolate
200 grams of sugar
50g unsweetened cocoa powder
100 ml vegetable oil
200 ml plant-based milk
- Bring a pot full of water to a boil. Then wash the pumpkin and then cut into bite-sized pieces. Then add the squash to the boiling water and cook for 10 minutes or until all the pieces are tender.
- Then drain and drain the pumpkin and puree in a container and leave to cool.
- Mix the cooled pumpkin puree with a vegan cream cheese and refine the taste with the sermo sugar.
- Melt the dark chocolate in a water bath and leave to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and grease a baking tin. Then pour some cocoa powder into the baking pan and knock out the excess.
- Mix the dry ingredients, i.e. flour, sugar and cocoa powder, in a large bowl. Add the melted chocolate, applesauce, non-dairy milk and oil and mix to form a smooth batter.
- The batter is poured into the prepared baking pan and then the pumpkin puree is spread over the brownie batter. Fold into the pumpkin puree with a fork and pull small patterns through the brownie.
- Bake the brownies at 180°C for 25-30 minutes and allow to cool before slicing.