For 4 guests
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes
4 Duroc pork chops, 200 g each
60 grams of honey
4 g coriander, whole
10g Valhrona chocolate
4 grams of cocoa powder
6 g sea salt, coarse
40 g smoke chips apple
1. In a pan over low heat, toast the Szechuan pepper and coriander until fragrant. Put the grains in the mortar while they are still warm and grind in a medium-fine mortar and then allow to cool.
2. Chop the chocolate into small pieces and add to the mortar and pestle with the cocoa powder and salt to the pepper and coriander mixture and mix thoroughly.
3. Generously rub the Duroc chops with the Pork Classic spice mix. Brush one side of the chops with honey. Then spread the Szechuan chocolate mixture over the honey.
4. Prepare the grill for indirect grilling at 160-180 degrees. Soak the smoking chips in water for at least 30 minutes.
5. Place the chops on the indirect side of the grill, Szechuan side up. Add the smoking chips and grill the meat until a core temperature of at least 68 degrees is reached.
Tip: Serve with the Szechuan crust for an intense flavor, otherwise remove the crust before serving.